Passionate about corporate and b2b PR? Seeking the chance to flex your experience, develop great ideas and embrace new challenges? Come and talk to AMBITIOUS!
You currently hold the role of Senior PR Account Manager or PR Account Director at a PR agency in the business-to-business or corporate team. Or perhaps you are now working in-house but miss the heady days of agency life and want a route back? We call the role Senior PR Consultant, just an FYI!
Why join us?
Come and work with an award-winning, growth-driven independent agency packed with talent and tenacity! AMBITIOUS by name and by nature, we are a PR-led communications agency that delivers integrated strategic communications. Four times winner of The Drum Recommends Best PR Agency Award – the only industry award based on client ratings and feedback.
Based in Bristol, we work with regional and national fast-growth businesses, medium to large corporates, multinationals, and everything in-between.
The industry sectors in which we are strong reflect many of the business priorities of the South West. This includes technology and innovation, property and construction, education, healthcare, finance, and professional services.
Our agency is expanding. To support this next stage of planned growth the role we are hiring for is to help lead client campaigns within our Client Services Team, so you must be adept at campaign planning, client management as well as delivery of quality work across PESO channels – from content creation and client counsel to earned media relations and social media.
You are likely to be an experienced business-to-business Senior Account Manager or Account Director ready to flex your skills and make a valued contribution to a new agency.
You may have experience in other areas of communications, but you will have a solid 5+ years’ experience in business-to-business and/or corporate PR, preferably in an agency setting.
You’ll be experienced in the following:
- Helping to grow a portfolio of clients
- Campaign development, execution and creative ideas
- Day-to-day client management, advice and support
- Producing a high standard of written business content (e.g. press releases, thought leadership, opinion articles and white papers)
- Issues and crisis management & senior client counsel
- Results-driven media relations campaigns and press office management
- Account management skills – reporting, planning, meeting management
- Delivering high-quality work on time and on budget
- New business experience & track record – growing existing clients & pulling together proposals & pitching
- Bristol-based ideally. Over 65% of our business is West of England.
- Need to be a natural networker and very comfortable making connections.
You’ll have some experience of/or interest in:
- Social media content development and campaign planning
- Internal communications
- New business proposal writing and pitches
The ideal applicant will also possess the following qualities:
- A positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Confident, dynamic communicator who relishes building client relationships
- Skills and appetite to develop and grow clients
- Passion and enthusiasm for the industry
- Interest in personal development/opportunity to learn new skills
- Flexibility and bravery to change the course of action and strategy as needed
- Confidence to inject fresh thinking or recommend efficient ways to do business
Role: Full time, Permanent. Based at AMBITIOUS’ office in Redland, Bristol, with some remote working.
Salary: Competitive. Incentives and bonuses offered for new business leads you bring into the agency.
Benefits: Flexible working hours, Performance Coaching Programme, healthcare scheme and performance bonuses
Holiday: 26 days a year plus bank holidays
Also important: Literate in Word, PPT, and Excel. Full driving licence.
Your covering letter should explain why you are interested in the role and what you can bring to the team/business. We’d also love to see some examples of your work, so tell us about campaigns that make you very proud of your achievements and why!
It would also be helpful to have the details of your current salary and package and your salary expectations.