“Ambitious have supported my organisation to flourish. First class service all the time. A fantastic team!“
Martina Veale, Education Director, ASDAN
Strategy & Counsel, Integrated communications, Media Relations, Social Media, Training, Content
ASDAN is curriculum development organisation and awarding body on a mission – to transform life chances through learning.
They are an awarding organisation whose curriculum programmes and qualifications help young people develop knowledge and skills for learning, work and life.
Their programmes and qualifications are delivered by over 3,000 secondary schools, special schools, colleges, alternative education providers and youth organisations across the UK and in more than 30 countries and territories overseas.
Wanting to thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace, much of that due to changes in education policy, ASDAN wanted to redefine it’s position, raise its profile and course and qualification portfolio and engage new and existing customers.
AMBITIOUS was asked to help develop an integrated communications strategy and support the senior management team in delivering effective campaigns of activity.
Our approach was to develop an integrated communications plan, following a review of brand messages, product offering, channels and competitor landscape.
Working with the marketing and senior leadership teams, we developed a content and engagement strategy based around developing an authoritative and experienced tone of voice.
Building a programme of thought leadership content around the ASDAN senior leadership team we proactively secured earned media coverage and editorial features in education press.
Campaign delivery also included:
- Mentoring the internal marketing team including delivery of tailored workshops
- Outsourced PR and content provision
- Editing and proofing content
- Monitoring and recommending ways to improve SEO
- Creating a framework to launch new qualifications and courses
- Creating and delivering a plan to support ASDAN’s presence at events and exhibitions including securing speaker slots and maximising through social media
- Creating video content to support speaker opportunities and social media channels
- Creating content including blogs, LinkedIn posts and a Trustee recruitment pack
- Social media planning, support and training including a LinkedIn programme for the sales, client service and marketing teams, content, measurement
- Identifying opportunities with new and existing stakeholders and partners including securing guest blog articles
- Internal communications support
- Counsel: Regular counsel and support for business challenges faced by the ASDAN team
ASDAN welcomed the support that AMBITIOUS provided through planning, client counsel, content, events and team training, supporting an internal restructure and brand repositioning.
Quality earned media coverage was secured and achieved in all priority education titles including SSAT Journal, Whole Education and School Leadership Today. This resulted in new customers, an increased industry profile and ASDAN being approached by potential partners for collaboration.