We’re looking for an ambitious individual who is looking to take their next career step, join an established PR agency and become a valued member of the AMBITIOUS team in the role of PR & Communications Apprentice.
You’ll need to have a good understanding & genuine interest in the role of PR & Communications. And have the ability to handle a number of tasks and projects at any one time, work to tight deadlines, and be able to deliver a high standard of work.
As we focus on B2B & corporate comms, you’ll also need to have an interest in business & current affairs. A keen interest in writing for business communications – from long form articles to short form blogs and social media posts – is essential.
Day to day, the role will include the following tasks:
- Research to support & contribute to campaign development & ideas
- Researching earned media & shared channels to produce ideas, media lists & target influencers across online, print & broadcast
- Developing content angles & drafting written content to include press releases, blogs, articles, social media posts etc.
- Social media – understanding which social media channel is most relevant & how it can be incorporated into a PR campaign. Using social media in a strategic & effective way for companies and brands
- Presentations – contributing to the development of presentation decks & participating in delivering presentations externally; planning, structuring & delivering presentations internally
- Media liaison –supporting the team with day to day media enquiries, pitching stories & building relationships with the media, monitoring earned media press coverage & preparing reports
- SEO – working with Digital Lead to understand the role of earned, shared, paid & owned media channels within PR campaigns & SEO
- Participate in client meetings & briefings
- Operations & Admin – managing timesheets, basic suppliers such as venue costs, understanding & supporting agency processes
- IT – using agency IT tools & services to support delivery including WordPress, PowerPoint, Synergist, Gorkana, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, EventBrite etc.
- Liaising with team members, clients & suppliers
- Recording & reporting results – keeping a log of successes, developing report formats
In addition to supporting the team with client-led tasks, the PR & Comms Apprentice will support the agency’s own PR activity – driving ideas & drafting content for blogs, website copy & social media posts.
Being well organised, personable & proactive are the key qualities that we’re looking for, along with the ability to take responsibility for:
- Great time management – Planning, organising & prioritising your workload to ensure deadlines and objectives for both work activities & apprenticeship training are met
- Arranging internal & external meetings, ensuring rooms are suitable & attendees needs are catered for
- Career development – Taking responsibility for personal learning and professional development
For more information & to apply, please follow the link via the Government’s apprenticeship website here to register:
If you’re interested in finding out more about being an apprentice at AMBITIOUS PR, read what Junior Content Executive Izzy had to say about her apprentice journey last year by following the link.