We’re looking for an ambitious individual who is looking to take their next career step, join an established PR agency and become a valued member of the AMBITIOUS team in the role of PR & Communications Apprentice.
You’ll need to have a good understanding & genuine interest in the role of PR & Communications. And have the ability to handle a number of tasks and projects at any one time, work to tight deadlines, and be able to deliver a high standard of work.
As we focus on B2B & corporate comms, you’ll also need to have an interest in business & current affairs. A keen interest in writing for business communications – from long form articles to short form blogs and social media posts – is essential.
Day to day, the role will include the following tasks:
- Research to support & contribute to campaign development & ideas
- Researching earned media & shared channels to produce ideas, media lists & target influencers across online, print & broadcast
- Developing content angles & drafting written content to include press releases, blogs, articles, social media posts etc.
- Social media – understanding which social media channel is most relevant & how it can be incorporated into a PR campaign. Using social media in a strategic & effective way for companies and brands
- Presentations – contributing to the development of presentation decks & participating in delivering presentations externally; planning, structuring & delivering presentations internally
- Media liaison –supporting the team with day to day media enquiries, pitching stories & building relationships with the media, monitoring earned media press coverage & preparing reports
- SEO – working with Digital Lead to understand the role of earned, shared, paid & owned media channels within PR campaigns & SEO
- Participate in client meetings & briefings
- Operations & Admin – managing timesheets, basic suppliers such as venue costs, understanding & supporting agency processes
- IT – using agency IT tools & services to support delivery including WordPress, PowerPoint, Synergist, Gorkana, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, EventBrite etc.
- Liaising with team members, clients & suppliers
- Recording & reporting results – keeping a log of successes, developing report formats
In addition to supporting the team with client-led tasks, the PR & Comms Apprentice will support the agency’s own PR activity – driving ideas & drafting content for blogs, website copy & social media posts.
Being well organised, personable & proactive are the key qualities that we’re looking for, along with the ability to take responsibility for:
- Great time management – Planning, organising & prioritising your workload to ensure deadlines and objectives for both work activities & apprenticeship training are met
- Arranging internal & external meetings, ensuring rooms are suitable & attendees needs are catered for
- Career development – Taking responsibility for personal learning and professional development
For more information & to apply, please follow the link via the Government’s apprenticeship website here to register:
If you’re interested in finding out more about being an apprentice at AMBITIOUS PR, read what Junior Content Executive Izzy had to say about her apprentice journey last year.