WANTED! AMBITIOUS PR PROFESSIONALS…
Chomping at the bit to lead and shape a team? Passionate about corporate and b2b PR? Seeking the chance to flex your experience, develop great ideas and embrace new challenges? Come and talk to AMBITIOUS!
You currently hold the role of Senior Account Manager, Senior Consultant, Account Director at a PR agency in the business-to-business or corporate team. Or perhaps you are now working in-house but miss the heady days of agency life and want a route back?
Come and work with an award-winning, fast growing, independent agency packed with talent and tenacity! AMBITIOUS by name and by nature, we are a PR led communications agency that delivers integrated strategic communications.
Based in Bristol, we work with regional and national business founders, medium to large corporates, multinationals and everything in-between.
The industry sectors in which we are strong reflect many of the business priorities of the South West. This includes technology and innovation, property and construction, education, high value design and engineering, and professional services including financial services, law and management consultancy.
The role we are hiring for is to lead our clients in the healthcare and pharma sectors. You don’t have to be a healthcare expert as this is for corporate and b2b work (rather than product briefs) but you do have to be adept at issues and crisis management as well as running a hardworking and busy press office. This is a real opportunity to lead and shape a team and be instrumental in developing our offering in this sector. Experience of working across Europe and beyond desirable but not essential.
Recently winning the national The Drum magazine’s RAR award for Best PR Consultancy based on client ratings, we are keen to hear from individuals that share our passion for first rate client service.
You are likely to be an experienced business-to-business Senior Account Manager or Account Director ready to flex their skills in a new setting.
You may have experience in other areas of communications, but you will have a solid five plus years’ experience in business-to-business and /or corporate PR, preferably in an agency setting.
You’ll be experienced in the following:
- Managing and growing a portfolio of clients
- Strategy & planning in line with budget & brief
- Issues and crisis management
- Influencer and stakeholder engagement
- Campaign development and creative ideas
- Day-to-day client and team management
- Producing a high standard of written business copy (e.g. press releases, thought leadership, opinion articles and white papers)
- Results driven media relations campaigns and press office management
- Account management skills – reporting, planning, meeting management
- Delivering high quality work on time and on budget
You’ll have some experience of/or interest in:
- Social media content development and campaign planning
- Internal communications
- New business proposal writing and pitches
The ideal applicant will also possess the following qualities:
- A positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Confident, dynamic communicator who relishes building client relationships
- Skills and appetite to develop and grow clients
- Passion and enthusiasm for the industry
- Interest in personal development/opportunity to learn new skills
- Flexibility and bravery to change course of action and strategy as needed
- Confidence to inject fresh thinking or recommend efficient ways to do business
Role: Full time, Permanent. Based at AMBITIOUS’ office in Redland, Bristol.
Salary: Competitive. Incentives and bonuses offered for new business leads you bring into the agency.
Holiday: 25 days a year plus bank holidays
Also important: Literate in Word, PPT & Excel. Full driving licence.
Your covering letter should explain why you are interested in the role and what you can bring to the team/business. We’d also love to see some examples of your work – tell us about campaigns that make you very proud of your achievements & why!
It would also be helpful to have the details of your current salary and package and your salary expectations.
If you’ve got questions before you apply, please email Liz Gadd on [email protected] or call her on 0117 301 8222