This time we’ll be talking ‘ How to pitch your business story to the press’ and we’re looking forward to welcoming, and hopefully helping, some of the South West’s fast growth businesses.
If you’re a business and are looking to reach potential customers, employees, investors or partners. Or think that your business could benefit from raising its profile in the media then, please join us at the workshop.
But where do you start? How do you contact a journalist? How do you create press release that’s of interest? How should you pitch a story to a journalist – over the phone or by email …
This practical workshop will help you understand the how best to approach the media and get you started on telling your story to the media. We will cover:
- The media landscape
- How to prepare a press release – what to include & what not to include
- How to pitch a story to the press – what you need to think about for digital, print & broadcast media channels
- Best ways to get your story to the press
- Ideas for news hooks and angles relevant for your business
- Plus plenty of good (& bad) examples
During the workshop we will also be helping attendees focus on messages, stories and content that really help your business stand out from the crowd and cut through the jargon that is often associated with tech businesses.